Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy birthday to a hero and a friend


(Awesome photo provided by Louie Despres)


HUCK


Why
Postcard
More Pop
Maggie Bought a Gun
Today
Sigh
Mandelbrot Set
Motorbike
Pulling Blue from Grey
And Then I'm Thinking...
See Ramona Smile
Aeroplane
HANK
Don't Tell Mary
Postcard
Anything Real
Go to Sleep Little Sheep
Ice Cream Social
Amber Nicole Wright
I Don't Care
One Hit Wonder

Leaf**

The list above was taken from a bigger list of some of my favorite songs of all time. I had slowly been compiling them to write about here. that list of songs has another thing in common, they were all written by one incredible songwriter, that gentleman's name Scott Ricciuti.

Ricciuti fronts the power pop trio HUCK . he's an incredibly powerful performer whose songwriting and stage presence help make Worcesters perennial " best pop band" a must-see affair.
though this piece is about Scott I'd be remiss if I did not mention the rest of this incredible band

Paul Dagnello plays bass he also wrote ( or cowrote I am not sure how songwriting writing chores unfolded in the classics creation) Leaf which for my money may be the best song of all time.

Danny lucas a plays drums he is a rhythm monster and seems cosmically in link with some universal time.


some Scott Fun facts

Scott Ricciuti has always been incredibly gracious to me and patient with me and my bands shenanigans as I learned my trade caused tremendous amounts of trouble.

speaking of a band we've only ever covered two songs one was written by Danny Elfman The other was written by Scott.

I think he's the only human that can out drink the Deadites (all of them)

when he gets a haircut it's boys number five

HUCK was the first 21+ show I snuck into

Scott is so nice not even Chuck Norris would punch him.

my friend Brenda was getting a root canal and chuck norris watched the whole thing

that last one didn't really have anything to do with anything but it was awesome

Scott Ricciuti has replaced all of his blood with alcohol now when he drinks his blood-alcohol content somehow goes down.

Scott was born in space his songs are laden with Martian metaphors we only think we understand.

Scott has another band I've never seen but I hear it's awesome. A Pony For My Birthday is it's Name-O



what I'm trying to say is we have a real-life honest-to- goodness legend on my hands here folks !!!!!!!

so here's what I'm proposing if you have never heard huck at the top of the page is a link to their CDbaby page, go buy a record go buy two records you won't be disappointed they are really quite incredible.

if you have the opportunity to see this gentleman live don't miss it you will fall in love with him......

....his songwriting is honest witty powerful sarcastic sorry drunk scared hopeful and loves her with every ounce of its being.
his songwriting is every bit ( every little bit) Scott Ricciuti can project on to you while just keeping the bare minimum he needs to survive to write more sing more drink more love more.

and oh yeah, today is Ricciuti's he is 32 years of age ( he looks awful for 32 but you would never guess his real age in 100 years)

so happy birthday good buddy I know you may not believe me when I tell you how much your songwriting and songs mean to me but it's true you've been a hero ( and along with Roger Ron and Paul) mentor who I've watched and stolen from for years and years I am going to leave you with something profound he wants told me.

" shut up you drunk ass hole " ( I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment