Monday, August 24, 2015

Looking for light

North Grafton MA. Godlings Pig farm 3:33


What happened next was like a dream. The dragon would be on top of Matrix in seconds. I'm not sure anyone saw it, but she moved, subtly, slowly. But she moved.  Just her right hand grabbing something off the pavement and pulling it close. But Donna moved; she wasn't dead.

She sat up fast. Like Jason. Like the Undertaker. Put both hands on the Glock and fired. She hit the thing right between the eyes. I don't know if she hit a weak spot or a secret kill button, but the thing died. It flew past her so low she had to lay back down to not get run down. RTJ  flopped on his belly as the thing sailed over him.  It hit the ground hard, face first, throwing "chubby Dave Navaro" 30 feet up and 40 feet down Rt 30.

Weeks of attacks. Looking over our shoulders. Hurt friends. The rage had me on my feet before I even knew what hit me.

I walked towards where the man responsible for it all had landed.

"Don't Die."

I had to know why he did this. I had to know why he hated me so bad. If he died before I got to him...

"Don't Die!"

I walked faster.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the pig mutants spasm and fall. Must be somehow connected to their maker. He dies, they die? He can't die.

I somehow started to run.

I saw my friends see me. It must have been something in my eyes, but they began to run to get in between me and the man who I was sure had killed me.

"Dynamo," said Tiny.

"The poison.  It's still in me. I'm dying"

"All the more reason to slow down," Donna said, putting her hand on my chest.

"If he dies..."

"If he dies..." Donna turned to the voice that had interrupted her. The voice was broken and small. The voice of someone dying, but not quite dead.

"..... Only I can save you, Marz... Only me."

No comments:

Post a Comment