Thursday, July 29, 2010

can't go home again : catching up on my flick reviews Chapter 2



Cast:Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Walton Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Laurence Fishburne, Danny Trejo, Louis Ozawa Changchien, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali

Director:Nimród Antal


Let me make this short and sweet.

I think I ruined predators.

for me anyway.

I was really hoping this movie would blow my mind apart. a nostalgic return to greatness and a heralded glimpse into Hollywood's future dream factory rested firmly on the alien shoulders of this flick.

what was wrong with it? Not a lot really, it was a fun little summer flick that really didn't give you a chance to breath let alone be bored. all the performances were at worst serviceable at best above average ( way above average for summer action fare)

yeah there was some giant jumps in logic and some subpar CGI but for the most part it was the definition of a sci-fi summer popcorn movie.

big guns. some gore. some neat set pieces. and compelling action scenes.

in the end I think I wanted it to be too much and despite the fact it was everything it said it was going to be and a bit more I still walked away disappointed.

do I recommend it? sure. you will enjoy this (I'm talking to my nerdy brethren), and even the small yet obsessively devoted fan base will have little to complain about.

the truth be told I was disappointed no fault of the flick I was disappointed... color me a weirdo

no disrespect Mr.Nimród there was really nothing you could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment